There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
The 2020 schedule is on the Events page
Among these, we have Forager Chef Alan Bergo up for a mushroom cooking demonstration and will be a members only event. This is also be a joint event to welcome the recently formed Lake Superior Mycological Society in Duluth. A club supported, free event but registration is required.
If you like movies check out Fantastic Fungi the movie. MMS is arranging a screening of this at the Parkway Theater in Mpls Jan 13, 2020. Also possible to arrange a local screening?
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Nameko
An informative article about this topic (from another area).