There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
At our online meeting in June we decided to Go with the scheduled forays this Summer and Fall with a modified format that should protect everyone while we have fun in the outdoors. See the Tips for Forays. Our next foray will be August 22 at 10 am at Itasca State Park. Members will get the exact details by email a couple weeks before the event (same as usual). See the Events page for the rest of the schedule. See you in the woods!
We are an affiliate of the North American Mycological Society and you can download the NAMA Mycophile newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Shiitakes with Cucumbers and Fish
An informative article about this topic (from another area).