There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
Now is the time to renew your membership for 2020! Forays may be rescheduled until mid-summer (we hope) but you need to be a member to get the details email!
View Fantastic Fungi online (rent or buy)
The promoters of this feature are organizing a “Fantastic Fungi Day” March 26 with interviews. Its for sale to view at home.
Stay tuned, likely to be rescheduled:
May 23 Foray + Inoculation Event + Annual Meeting
We planned to get together at 10 am for the Foray or the Inoculation training at 10 am, then stick around for the Annual Meeting and Potluck at about 11:30 am. To avoid spreading covid-19 we will likely reschedule these events.
See the Events page for more details.
As a North American Mycological Society affiliate, you can download the NAMA newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Blewits and Raab
An informative article about this topic (from another area).