There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
Now is the time to renew your membership for 2020! Forays may be rescheduled until mid-summer (we hope) but you need to be a member to get the details email!
May 23 Annual Meeting will be rescheduled
We planned to get together however this looks to be about the peak of the pandemic. To avoid spreading covid-19 we will reschedule these events. There are some ways to maintain social distancing on a foray we’ll share by email. However travel is still not advised so only local events are advised. Please keep up your membership so that we can email you when we resume!
We are an affiliate of the North American Mycological Society and you can download the NAMA Mycophile newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Blewits and Raab
An informative article about this topic (from another area).