There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
Our foray season is over for the year and will get going again next Spring. We’re planning up the Winters educational meetings online….watch for that schedule soon. Thanks to all who made a difficult season a little more interesting. See the Tips for Forays. See you in the woods!
Our 2021 schedule of educational events and forays will be posted very soon.
* * *
Paul Bunyan Mushroom Club is an affiliate of the North American Mycological Society and you can download the NAMA Mycophile newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
If you would like to learn about mushrooms, check out Huafang Su of the Michigan Mushroom Hunters’ quizzes and activities blog.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Scalloped Hedgehogs
An informative article about this topic (from another area).