There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
ID Class in St. Paul
Saint Paul Community Ed will be offering a class,”Getting to Know Minnesota mushrooms Mushrooms”. It will cover the Basics of mushroom ID, common edible and poisonous mushrooms and the importance of fungi to ecosystems and life on Planet Earth.
[PBMC has one one every foray <grin>]
Fungi in the BWCA
July is the month for mushrooms! Found lovely lobsters Hypomyces lactiflorus on the portage as well as many large chromefoot boletes Harrya chromapes, several queen bolete look-a-likes, bitter bolete, and lots of Russulas, Amanita muscaria and cf. bisporigera, Hygrocybe, red-lipped polypore, Laccaria cf. laccata, and other LBMs. –Gene
Can I Eat it?
Check out the new Comments on Edibility at the beginning of the Recipes page.
Newest recipe: Dryad’s Saddle with Fish Vera Cruz Style.
An informative article about this topic.
2018 Membership Is Due
Print and send in the membership form and sit back as a member through the coming foray season.