There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
- Heard around the Great Lakes Region and beyond.
September 23rd Foray
Members watch your email for more information.
UW-LaCrosse Student Asking for Specimens
“…keep an eye out for wild golden oysters for me (Pleurotus citrinopileatus). I’m a grad student at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, and I’m collecting North American specimens to do some population genetics in an attempt to trace their naturalization from Asia. I’m requesting dried specimens, spore prints on aluminum foil, collection date and location, and any additional information that may be helpful if known (e.g. any known mushroom cultivators in the area, proximity to town or farmers markets).” –Andi Bruce
October 6-8, 2017 Women’s Mushroom Retreat
(Passed along by MMS’ Janet Contoursi) Mycelium Mysteries at Camp Helen Brachman in Almond, WI sponsored by Midwest Women’s Herbal. Check out http://www.123contactform.com/form-2308054/Mycelium-Mysteries-Registration