Happy Holidays to all participants of past wild mushroom forays with the Paul Bunyan Mushroom Club!
As we look forward to another great year of mushroom hunting, our club is working to become more organized.
We are asking for help in this process so that we can offer more education, fun events and recognition as an official club.
We have a meeting scheduled for Sunday, January 11th at 1 PM at the Akeley Fire Hall which is located about a block west of the big Paul Bunyan statue on Hwy 34 downtown Akeley. We will have a pot luck lunch followed by the meeting.
We are hoping to set up the following committees:
- An Organizational Committee to work on setting up by laws, a mission statement, establishing a bank account, defining roles of elected officials, planning an election for 2015, and issues related to membership dues
- A Committee to work on the format of the remaining winter meetings (once a month, February through APRIL)
- A Foray Committee to plan the forays for next summer.
- An Educational Committee to help our members gain skills in identification at forays.
- A Fundraising Committee to help plan events like the silent auction, possible basic identification classes, weekend events, speakers at meetings.
- A Communications Committee to work on how we get the word out to others about our club and activities.
If you are interested but can’t attend the meeting, please email me and I will get you connected with others working on these areas.
With the increased interest and new people attending our events, our club is poised for growth and potential in the New Year.
Please join us as the Paul Bunyan Mushroom Club moves into 2015!
Paula Peters, Acting President
“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.”
—– A. A. Milne