There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
Next Event: Annual Meeting and Log Inoculation Demo
Join us for our Spring meeting at 11 am on May 22, 2021 at the Nary Community Center on Co Rd 9 not too far from Bemidji. We will elect needed officers and preview this year’s forays.
At 10 am (same place) we will have a demonstration of log inoculation with shiitake….and maybe you can bring a small log home. Join Us!
Not a member yet? Download the membership application and bring it along.
Questions? Use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
The educational meetings and this year’s tentative foray dates and locations are posted on our 2021 schedule of educational events and forays is posted on the events page. Always check there before going to see if anything has changed.
Check out the slides from our recent zoom educational meeting “Fungi: The Big Picture”
Here’s the information sheet from Janet Nelson for how to use iNaturalist
NAMA has an excellent series about Medicinal Mushrooms by Dianna Smith who is editor of the NAMA magazime McIllvania and former Mycophile newsletter editor. If you were wondering….
and Medicinal Fungi: Hype & Hope and
finally Glass Half Full or Half Empty
* * *
Paul Bunyan Mushroom Club is an affiliate of the North American Mycological Society (NAMA) and you can download the NAMA Mycophile newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Chantarelle Asparagus Bake
An informative article about this topic (from another area).