There is a lot to find out about mushrooms.
- Go on forays and meet with us; look at the Events page and foray preparation.
- Find out who we are and what we do on the About page.
- If you want to learn about identification of fungi check out the resources
- Check out what’s ‘seasonable’ on the Recipes page.
- For “How to Pick” info, look at the article Picking Mushrooms
- For foray leaders you will want to review the checklist.
- Visit the Blog including historical posts
Fall Meeting and Foray at Lake Bemidji State Park was Oct 2
A good group showed up for our Fall meeting and foray at Lake Bemidji State Park. Recent rains brought out the mushrooms, too! The group also discussed events for this Winter. …more…
Here’s the information sheet from Janet Nelson for how to use iNaturalist
Check out some South American fungi action with Juliana
Not a member yet? Download the membership application and bring it along.
Questions? Use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Each year’s foray dates and locations are posted on our Events schedule of educational events and forays on the events page. Always check there before going to see if anything has changed.
Check out the slides from our recent zoom educational meeting “Fungi: The Big Picture”
NAMA has an excellent series about Medicinal Mushrooms by Dianna Smith who is editor of the NAMA magazime McIllvania and former Mycophile newsletter editor. If you were wondering….
and Medicinal Fungi: Hype & Hope and
finally Glass Half Full or Half Empty
* * *
Paul Bunyan Mushroom Club is an affiliate of the North American Mycological Society (NAMA) and you can download the NAMA Mycophile newsletter (current and past) on their publications page.
Check out an interesting article about mushrooms helping a central American indigenous community overcome abusive loggers and government oppression.
Newest on the Recipe page: Chantarelle Asparagus Bake
An informative article about this topic (from another area).